Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 02:04:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 02:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.25 meters/second, 1512.9 km/hour, 940.1 miles/hour or 816.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.67 mi||west||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||north||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.4"||939.74 mi||west||0° 01' 49.2"||2.09 mi||north||939.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 32.8"||757.08 mi||east||0° 17' 05.1"||19.59 mi||north||756.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Tue 10:04 PM||503 km||312 miles||271 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Tue 10:04 PM||545 km||338 miles||294 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Tue 10:04 PM||572 km||356 miles||309 nm||WSW|
|The Valley||Tue 10:04 PM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||WSW|
|Marigot||Tue 10:04 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Tue 10:04 PM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||SW|
|Brades||Tue 10:04 PM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||SW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Tue 10:04 PM||599 km||372 miles||324 nm||SW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 10:04 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||SW|
|Roseau||Tue 10:04 PM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.