Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 2:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 02:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.25 meters/second, 1512.9 km/hour, 940.1 miles/hour or 816.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.4"||939.74 mi||West||0° 01' 49.2"||2.09 mi||North||939.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 32.8"||757.08 mi||East||0° 17' 05.1"||19.59 mi||North||756.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Tue 10:04 PM||503 km||312 miles||271 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Tue 10:04 PM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Tue 10:04 PM||572 km||356 miles||309 nm||WSW|
|The Valley||Tue 10:04 PM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||WSW|
|Marigot||Tue 10:04 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||WSW|
|Brades||Tue 10:04 PM||597 km||371 miles||322 nm||SW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Tue 10:04 PM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||SW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Tue 10:04 PM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||SW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 10:04 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||SW|
|Roseau||Tue 10:04 PM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.