Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 03:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:19 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 03:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.14 meters/second, 1512.5 km/hour, 939.8 miles/hour or 816.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||west||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||north||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.4"||939.56 mi||west||0° 01' 42.4"||1.96 mi||north||939.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 49.7"||757.26 mi||east||0° 14' 19.6"||16.43 mi||north||756.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santiago de Cuba||Tue 10:14 PM||82 km||51 miles||44 nm||SSW|
|Holguín||Tue 10:14 PM||90 km||56 miles||48 nm||WNW|
|Camagüey||Tue 10:14 PM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||WNW|
|Gonaïves||Tue 10:14 PM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||ESE|
|Kingston||Tue 10:14 PM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||SSW|
|Cap-Haïtien||Tue 10:14 PM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||ESE|
|May Pen||Tue 10:14 PM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||SSW|
|Montego Bay||Tue 10:14 PM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||SW|
|Port-au-Prince||Tue 10:14 PM||401 km||249 miles||217 nm||SE|
|Cockburn Town||Tue 10:14 PM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.