Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 08:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 08:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.72 meters/second, 1511.0 km/hour, 938.9 miles/hour or 815.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||west||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||north||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.7"||938.57 mi||west||0° 01' 10.7"||1.35 mi||north||938.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 54.5"||757.69 mi||east||0° 01' 27.9"||1.68 mi||north||757.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wailuku||Tue 10:46 PM||107 km||67 miles||58 nm||W|
|Napili-Honokowai||Tue 10:46 PM||126 km||79 miles||68 nm||W|
|Hilo||Tue 10:46 PM||128 km||80 miles||69 nm||SSE|
|Kailua-Kona||Tue 10:46 PM||139 km||87 miles||75 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 10:46 PM||254 km||158 miles||137 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 10:46 PM||2104 km||1307 miles||1136 nm||S|
|Midway||Tue 9:46 PM||2362 km||1468 miles||1275 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 8:46 PM||3228 km||2006 miles||1743 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Wed 12:46 AM||3692 km||2294 miles||1993 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 9:46 PM||3756 km||2334 miles||2028 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.