Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 8:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 08:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.72 meters/second, 1511.0 km/hour, 938.9 miles/hour or 815.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.6"||938.55 mi||West||0° 01' 10.2"||1.34 mi||North||938.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 55.4"||757.70 mi||East||0° 01' 13.8"||1.41 mi||North||757.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Napili-Honokowai||Tue 10:52 PM||32 km||20 miles||17 nm||NE|
|Wailuku||Tue 10:52 PM||45 km||28 miles||24 nm||ENE|
|Honolulu||Tue 10:52 PM||112 km||70 miles||61 nm||WNW|
|Kailua-Kona||Tue 10:52 PM||161 km||100 miles||87 nm||SE|
|Hilo||Tue 10:52 PM||228 km||141 miles||123 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 10:52 PM||2095 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||S|
|Midway||Tue 9:52 PM||2225 km||1383 miles||1201 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 8:52 PM||3118 km||1937 miles||1684 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 9:52 PM||3684 km||2289 miles||1989 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Wed 8:52 PM||3734 km||2320 miles||2016 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.