Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 9:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 09:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.66 meters/second, 1510.8 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.9"||938.42 mi||West||0° 01' 04.3"||1.23 mi||North||938.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 04.6"||757.76 mi||East||0° 01' 06.5"||1.27 mi||South||757.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Tue 10:52 PM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||NW|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:52 PM||1412 km||877 miles||763 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Wed 9:52 PM||2297 km||1427 miles||1240 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:52 PM||2347 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Wed 9:52 PM||2394 km||1488 miles||1293 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:52 PM||2597 km||1614 miles||1402 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Wed 9:52 PM||2732 km||1698 miles||1475 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Wed 9:52 PM||3337 km||2074 miles||1802 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:52 PM||3339 km||2075 miles||1803 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Wed 9:52 PM||3403 km||2115 miles||1838 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.