Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 10:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:19 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 10:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.63 meters/second, 1510.7 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||west||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||north||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.4"||938.42 mi||west||0° 01' 01.4"||1.17 mi||north||938.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 09.0"||757.85 mi||east||0° 02' 19.2"||2.66 mi||south||757.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Tue 11:22 PM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Wed 10:22 PM||1514 km||941 miles||818 nm||W|
|Majuro||Wed 10:22 PM||1848 km||1148 miles||998 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Wed 12:22 AM||2193 km||1362 miles||1184 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Tue 10:22 PM||2299 km||1428 miles||1241 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Wed 10:22 PM||2318 km||1441 miles||1252 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Wed 10:22 PM||2819 km||1752 miles||1522 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Wed 9:22 PM||2905 km||1805 miles||1569 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:22 AM||3149 km||1957 miles||1700 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Wed 10:22 PM||3252 km||2021 miles||1756 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.