Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 10:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.60 meters/second, 1510.6 km/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.2"||938.29 mi||West||0° 00' 58.5"||1.12 mi||North||938.24 mi|
|24 hours||348° 16' 47.0"||757.82 mi||West||0° 03' 26.7"||3.95 mi||South||757.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Wed 10:52 PM||793 km||493 miles||428 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Tue 11:52 PM||1192 km||741 miles||644 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Wed 10:52 PM||1548 km||962 miles||836 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Wed 10:52 PM||2152 km||1337 miles||1162 nm||S|
|Palikir||Wed 9:52 PM||2302 km||1431 miles||1243 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Wed 10:52 PM||2490 km||1547 miles||1344 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 10:52 PM||2506 km||1557 miles||1353 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Wed 12:52 AM||2916 km||1812 miles||1575 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Wed 8:52 PM||3216 km||1998 miles||1737 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 10:52 PM||3296 km||2048 miles||1780 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.