Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 10:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.60 meters/second, 1510.6 km/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||west||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||north||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.2"||938.29 mi||west||0° 00' 58.5"||1.12 mi||north||938.24 mi|
|24 hours||348° 16' 47.0"||757.82 mi||west||0° 03' 26.7"||3.95 mi||south||757.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Wed 10:52 PM||793 km||493 miles||428 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Tue 11:52 PM||1192 km||741 miles||644 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Wed 10:52 PM||1545 km||960 miles||834 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 10:52 PM||2152 km||1337 miles||1162 nm||S|
|Palikir||Wed 9:52 PM||2302 km||1431 miles||1243 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Wed 10:52 PM||2488 km||1546 miles||1344 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 10:52 PM||2506 km||1557 miles||1353 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Wed 12:52 AM||2916 km||1812 miles||1575 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Wed 8:52 PM||3216 km||1998 miles||1737 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 10:52 PM||3296 km||2048 miles||1780 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.