Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 10:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:19 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.60 meters/second, 1510.6 km/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||west||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||north||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.2"||938.29 mi||west||0° 00' 58.5"||1.12 mi||north||938.24 mi|
|24 hours||348° 16' 46.8"||757.82 mi||west||0° 03' 29.4"||4.00 mi||south||757.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Wed 10:52 PM||765 km||476 miles||413 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Tue 11:52 PM||1212 km||753 miles||654 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Wed 10:52 PM||1540 km||957 miles||831 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Wed 10:52 PM||2150 km||1336 miles||1161 nm||S|
|Palikir||Wed 9:52 PM||2281 km||1417 miles||1232 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Wed 10:52 PM||2479 km||1541 miles||1339 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 10:52 PM||2518 km||1564 miles||1359 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Wed 12:52 AM||2944 km||1829 miles||1590 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Wed 8:52 PM||3188 km||1981 miles||1722 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 10:52 PM||3301 km||2051 miles||1782 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.