Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 2:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 14:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.45 meters/second, 1510.0 km/hour, 938.3 miles/hour or 815.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.9"||937.95 mi||West||0° 00' 39.0"||0.75 mi||North||937.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 35.3"||757.98 mi||East||0° 11' 19.9"||12.99 mi||South||758.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Wed 10:14 PM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||WNW|
|Taichung||Wed 10:14 PM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||NW|
|Taipei||Wed 10:14 PM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||NW|
|Taoyuan City||Wed 10:14 PM||604 km||375 miles||326 nm||NW|
|Hsinchu||Wed 10:14 PM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||NW|
|Naha||Wed 11:14 PM||643 km||399 miles||347 nm||NNE|
|Quezon||Wed 10:14 PM||812 km||505 miles||439 nm||SSW|
|Manila||Wed 10:14 PM||827 km||514 miles||447 nm||SSW|
|Xiamen||Wed 10:14 PM||831 km||516 miles||449 nm||WNW|
|Foochow||Wed 10:14 PM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.