Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 2:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 14:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.43 meters/second, 1510.0 km/hour, 938.2 miles/hour or 815.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.7"||937.92 mi||West||0° 00' 36.9"||0.70 mi||North||937.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 37.3"||758.00 mi||East||0° 12' 11.4"||13.98 mi||South||758.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Wed 10:36 PM||247 km||153 miles||133 nm||NNE|
|Taichung||Wed 10:36 PM||371 km||231 miles||200 nm||NNE|
|Shantou||Wed 10:36 PM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Wed 10:36 PM||436 km||271 miles||235 nm||NNW|
|Hsinchu||Wed 10:36 PM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||NNE|
|Taoyuan City||Wed 10:36 PM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||NNE|
|Taipei||Wed 10:36 PM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||NNE|
|Foochow||Wed 10:36 PM||577 km||359 miles||312 nm||N|
|Kowloon||Wed 10:36 PM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||WNW|
|Tarlac City||Wed 10:36 PM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.