Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 2:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 14:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.42 meters/second, 1509.9 km/hour, 938.2 miles/hour or 815.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.6"||937.90 mi||West||0° 00' 34.9"||0.67 mi||North||937.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 38.9"||758.01 mi||East||0° 12' 58.2"||14.87 mi||South||758.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kowloon||Wed 10:56 PM||179 km||111 miles||96 nm||NNW|
|Hong Kong||Wed 10:56 PM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||NNW|
|Shenzhen||Wed 10:56 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||NNW|
|Macau||Wed 10:56 PM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||NW|
|Zhuhai||Wed 10:56 PM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||NW|
|Foshan||Wed 10:56 PM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||NW|
|Guangzhou||Wed 10:56 PM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||NW|
|Shantou||Wed 10:56 PM||321 km||200 miles||174 nm||NNE|
|Zhanjiang||Wed 10:56 PM||487 km||303 miles||263 nm||W|
|Haikou||Wed 10:56 PM||498 km||309 miles||269 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.