Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.40 meters/second, 1509.8 km/hour, 938.2 miles/hour or 815.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.0"||937.84 mi||West||0° 00' 30.0"||0.57 mi||North||937.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 42.7"||758.03 mi||East||0° 14' 55.4"||17.11 mi||South||758.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Xam Neua||Wed 10:46 PM||128 km||80 miles||69 nm||ESE|
|Luang Prabang||Wed 10:46 PM||140 km||87 miles||76 nm||SW|
|Hanoi||Wed 10:46 PM||303 km||189 miles||164 nm||E|
|Vientiane||Wed 10:46 PM||327 km||203 miles||177 nm||S|
|Udon Thani||Wed 10:46 PM||388 km||241 miles||209 nm||S|
|Hai Phong||Wed 10:46 PM||390 km||242 miles||210 nm||E|
|Kunming||Wed 11:46 PM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||N|
|Chiang Mai||Wed 10:46 PM||475 km||295 miles||257 nm||WSW|
|Khon Kaen||Wed 10:46 PM||495 km||308 miles||267 nm||S|
|Savannakhet||Wed 10:46 PM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.