Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 3:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 15:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.39 meters/second, 1509.8 km/hour, 938.2 miles/hour or 815.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.0"||937.83 mi||West||0° 00' 29.5"||0.56 mi||North||937.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 43.1"||758.04 mi||East||0° 15' 09.5"||17.38 mi||South||758.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luang Prabang||Wed 10:52 PM||131 km||82 miles||71 nm||SSE|
|Chiang Rai||Wed 10:52 PM||205 km||127 miles||111 nm||WSW|
|Xam Neua||Wed 10:52 PM||273 km||169 miles||147 nm||E|
|Vientiane||Wed 10:52 PM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||SSE|
|Chiang Mai||Wed 10:52 PM||351 km||218 miles||190 nm||SW|
|Udon Thani||Wed 10:52 PM||411 km||255 miles||222 nm||SSE|
|Hanoi||Wed 10:52 PM||454 km||282 miles||245 nm||E|
|Kunming||Wed 11:52 PM||475 km||295 miles||256 nm||NNE|
|Khon Kaen||Wed 10:52 PM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||SSE|
|Hai Phong||Wed 10:52 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.