Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 10:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 22:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.30 meters/second, 1509.5 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 41.3"||937.63 mi||West||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||South||937.63 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 53.0"||758.09 mi||East||0° 29' 36.0"||33.94 mi||South||760.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Wed 11:02 PM||540 km||335 miles||291 nm||WSW|
|Agadez||Wed 11:02 PM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||SW|
|Tamanrasset||Wed 11:02 PM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||WNW|
|Sabha||Wed 11:02 PM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||NNE|
|Faya-Largeau||Wed 11:02 PM||817 km||508 miles||441 nm||ESE|
|Zinder||Wed 11:02 PM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||SSW|
|Maradi||Wed 11:02 PM||973 km||605 miles||525 nm||SSW|
|Ndjamena||Wed 11:02 PM||1029 km||639 miles||556 nm||SSE|
|Kano||Wed 11:02 PM||1056 km||656 miles||570 nm||SSW|
|Tripoli||Wed 11:02 PM||1331 km||827 miles||719 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.