Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 10:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 22:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.30 meters/second, 1509.5 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 41.2"||937.63 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||937.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 52.8"||758.09 mi||East||0° 30' 22.7"||34.83 mi||South||760.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Wed 11:22 PM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||S|
|Agadez||Wed 11:22 PM||447 km||277 miles||241 nm||SSE|
|Zinder||Wed 11:22 PM||812 km||504 miles||438 nm||SSE|
|Maradi||Wed 11:22 PM||823 km||511 miles||444 nm||S|
|In Salah||Wed 11:22 PM||841 km||523 miles||454 nm||NNW|
|Niamey||Wed 11:22 PM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||SW|
|Kano||Wed 11:22 PM||1000 km||621 miles||540 nm||S|
|Sabha||Wed 11:22 PM||1002 km||623 miles||541 nm||NE|
|Timbuktu||Wed 10:22 PM||1165 km||724 miles||629 nm||WSW|
|Ndjamena||Wed 11:22 PM||1289 km||801 miles||696 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.