Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 10:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 22:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.30 meters/second, 1509.5 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.9"||937.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||937.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 52.2"||758.08 mi||East||0° 31' 32.8"||36.17 mi||South||760.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Wed 10:52 PM||552 km||343 miles||298 nm||SW|
|In Salah||Wed 11:52 PM||742 km||461 miles||401 nm||NNE|
|Dori||Wed 10:52 PM||763 km||474 miles||412 nm||S|
|Arlit||Wed 11:52 PM||821 km||510 miles||443 nm||ESE|
|Ouahigouya||Wed 10:52 PM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||SSW|
|Niamey||Wed 11:52 PM||854 km||530 miles||461 nm||SSE|
|Agadez||Wed 11:52 PM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||ESE|
|Ouagadougou||Wed 10:52 PM||959 km||596 miles||518 nm||S|
|Fada N'gourma||Wed 10:52 PM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Wed 10:52 PM||990 km||615 miles||535 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.