Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 2:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 02:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.34 meters/second, 1509.6 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.0"||937.72 mi||West||0° 00' 31.1"||0.60 mi||South||937.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 42.8"||758.00 mi||East||0° 39' 24.6"||45.19 mi||South||760.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Wed 10:14 PM||1420 km||882 miles||767 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Wed 10:14 PM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||SW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Wed 10:14 PM||1454 km||904 miles||785 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Wed 10:14 PM||1454 km||904 miles||785 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Wed 10:14 PM||1461 km||908 miles||789 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Wed 10:14 PM||1488 km||925 miles||804 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Wed 10:14 PM||1502 km||934 miles||811 nm||WSW|
|Kingstown||Wed 10:14 PM||1562 km||971 miles||843 nm||WSW|
|Saint George's||Wed 10:14 PM||1680 km||1044 miles||907 nm||SW|
|Port of Spain||Wed 10:14 PM||1758 km||1093 miles||950 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.