Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 2:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.36 meters/second, 1509.7 km/hour, 938.1 miles/hour or 815.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 39.9"||937.75 mi||West||0° 00' 34.3"||0.66 mi||South||937.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 40.6"||757.98 mi||East||0° 40' 39.2"||46.61 mi||South||761.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Wed 10:46 PM||649 km||403 miles||351 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Wed 10:46 PM||685 km||426 miles||370 nm||SW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Wed 10:46 PM||727 km||451 miles||392 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Wed 10:46 PM||727 km||452 miles||393 nm||WSW|
|The Valley||Wed 10:46 PM||732 km||455 miles||395 nm||WSW|
|Brades||Wed 10:46 PM||738 km||459 miles||399 nm||SW|
|Marigot||Wed 10:46 PM||741 km||460 miles||400 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Wed 10:46 PM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Wed 10:46 PM||760 km||472 miles||411 nm||SW|
|Roseau||Wed 10:46 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.