Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 4:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 04:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.39 meters/second, 1509.8 km/hour, 938.1 miles/hour or 815.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 39.8"||937.82 mi||West||0° 00' 41.7"||0.80 mi||South||937.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 34.3"||757.93 mi||East||0° 43' 36.2"||49.99 mi||South||761.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Holguín||Wed 11:02 PM||123 km||77 miles||67 nm||W|
|Santiago de Cuba||Wed 11:02 PM||124 km||77 miles||67 nm||SW|
|Gonaïves||Wed 11:02 PM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||ESE|
|Camagüey||Wed 11:02 PM||300 km||187 miles||162 nm||W|
|Cap-Haïtien||Wed 11:02 PM||325 km||202 miles||176 nm||ESE|
|Kingston||Wed 11:02 PM||368 km||229 miles||199 nm||SSW|
|Port-au-Prince||Wed 11:02 PM||387 km||240 miles||209 nm||SE|
|May Pen||Wed 11:02 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||SW|
|Montego Bay||Wed 11:02 PM||401 km||249 miles||217 nm||SW|
|Cockburn Town||Wed 11:02 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.