Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 9:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 09:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.61 meters/second, 1510.6 km/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 39.4"||938.32 mi||West||0° 01' 13.1"||1.40 mi||South||938.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 54.3"||757.62 mi||East||0° 55' 58.4"||64.18 mi||South||762.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Wed 11:22 PM||299 km||186 miles||162 nm||WSW|
|Wailuku||Wed 11:22 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Wed 11:22 PM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:22 PM||2162 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Wed 10:22 PM||2648 km||1645 miles||1430 nm||WNW|
|San Francisco||Thu 1:22 AM||3448 km||2143 miles||1862 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Wed 9:22 PM||3468 km||2155 miles||1872 nm||SW|
|Los Angeles||Thu 1:22 AM||3664 km||2277 miles||1979 nm||ENE|
|Unalaska||Thu 12:22 AM||3859 km||2398 miles||2084 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 10:22 PM||3917 km||2434 miles||2115 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.