Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 9:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 09:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.62 meters/second, 1510.6 kilometres/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 39.4"||938.34 mi||West||0° 01' 14.0"||1.42 mi||South||938.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 52.6"||757.61 mi||East||0° 56' 21.6"||64.62 mi||South||762.67 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Wed 11:32 PM||124 km||77 miles||67 nm||S|
|Wailuku||Wed 11:32 PM||169 km||105 miles||91 nm||W|
|Kailua-Kona||Wed 11:32 PM||174 km||108 miles||94 nm||SW|
|Napili-Honokowai||Wed 11:32 PM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Wed 11:32 PM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:32 PM||2112 km||1313 miles||1141 nm||S|
|Midway||Wed 10:32 PM||2417 km||1502 miles||1305 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Wed 9:32 PM||3274 km||2034 miles||1768 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Thu 1:32 AM||3644 km||2264 miles||1968 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 10:32 PM||3785 km||2352 miles||2044 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.