Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 9:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 09:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.63 meters/second, 1510.7 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 39.4"||938.36 mi||West||0° 01' 15.1"||1.43 mi||South||938.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 51.1"||757.59 mi||East||0° 56' 44.6"||65.06 mi||South||762.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Napili-Honokowai||Wed 11:42 PM||68 km||42 miles||37 nm||ENE|
|Honolulu||Wed 11:42 PM||80 km||50 miles||43 nm||NW|
|Wailuku||Wed 11:42 PM||84 km||52 miles||45 nm||E|
|Waipahu||Wed 11:42 PM||98 km||61 miles||53 nm||NW|
|Kailua-Kona||Wed 11:42 PM||188 km||117 miles||101 nm||SE|
|Lihue||Wed 11:42 PM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||WNW|
|Hilo||Wed 11:42 PM||262 km||163 miles||141 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:42 PM||2095 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||S|
|Midway||Wed 10:42 PM||2190 km||1360 miles||1182 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Wed 9:42 PM||3090 km||1920 miles||1669 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.