Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 9:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 09:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.64 meters/second, 1510.7 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 39.4"||938.38 mi||West||0° 01' 16.0"||1.45 mi||South||938.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 49.3"||757.58 mi||East||0° 57' 07.8"||65.50 mi||South||762.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lihue||Wed 11:52 PM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||NNE|
|Waipahu||Wed 11:52 PM||189 km||118 miles||102 nm||ENE|
|Honolulu||Wed 11:52 PM||202 km||125 miles||109 nm||ENE|
|Wailuku||Wed 11:52 PM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||E|
|Hilo||Wed 11:52 PM||500 km||310 miles||270 nm||ESE|
|Midway||Wed 10:52 PM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:52 PM||2111 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Wed 9:52 PM||2919 km||1814 miles||1576 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Thu 9:52 PM||3462 km||2151 miles||1869 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 9:52 PM||3516 km||2185 miles||1899 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.