Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 10:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 10:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.65 meters/second, 1510.7 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 39.4"||938.40 mi||West||0° 01' 16.9"||1.47 mi||South||938.47 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 47.8"||757.57 mi||East||0° 57' 30.9"||65.94 mi||South||762.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 12:02 AM||449 km||279 miles||242 nm||E|
|Wailuku||Thu 12:02 AM||587 km||364 miles||317 nm||E|
|Midway||Wed 11:02 PM||1746 km||1085 miles||943 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:02 AM||2158 km||1341 miles||1165 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Wed 10:02 PM||2762 km||1716 miles||1491 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Thu 10:02 PM||3230 km||2007 miles||1744 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 10:02 PM||3265 km||2029 miles||1763 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Thu 10:02 PM||3448 km||2143 miles||1862 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:02 PM||3481 km||2163 miles||1879 nm||SSW|
|Adak||Thu 12:02 AM||3670 km||2280 miles||1981 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.