Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 10:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 10:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.67 meters/second, 1510.8 km/hour, 938.8 miles/hour or 815.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.02 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 39.4"||938.45 mi||West||0° 01' 18.9"||1.51 mi||South||938.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 44.4"||757.54 mi||East||0° 58' 16.9"||66.82 mi||South||762.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 12:22 AM||949 km||590 miles||513 nm||E|
|Midway||Wed 11:22 PM||1335 km||830 miles||721 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:22 AM||2341 km||1455 miles||1264 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Wed 10:22 PM||2502 km||1555 miles||1351 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 10:22 PM||2762 km||1716 miles||1491 nm||W|
|Majuro||Thu 10:22 PM||2781 km||1728 miles||1502 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 10:22 PM||3054 km||1898 miles||1649 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:22 PM||3367 km||2092 miles||1818 nm||S|
|Adak||Thu 12:22 AM||3549 km||2205 miles||1916 nm||NNW|
|Funafuti||Thu 10:22 PM||3578 km||2223 miles||1932 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.