Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 2:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 14:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.97 meters/second, 1511.9 km/hour, 939.4 miles/hour or 816.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.0"||939.13 mi||West||0° 01' 44.6"||2.00 mi||South||939.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 52.3"||757.15 mi||East||1° 08' 23.6"||78.41 mi||South||763.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Naha||Thu 11:46 PM||631 km||392 miles||341 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Thu 10:46 PM||923 km||574 miles||498 nm||WNW|
|Kaohsiung||Thu 10:46 PM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||WNW|
|Baguio City||Thu 10:46 PM||1021 km||634 miles||551 nm||WSW|
|Quezon||Thu 10:46 PM||1086 km||675 miles||586 nm||SW|
|Manila||Thu 10:46 PM||1100 km||684 miles||594 nm||SW|
|Foochow||Thu 10:46 PM||1173 km||729 miles||633 nm||WNW|
|Xiamen||Thu 10:46 PM||1215 km||755 miles||656 nm||WNW|
|Kagoshima||Thu 11:46 PM||1216 km||755 miles||656 nm||N|
|Shantou||Thu 10:46 PM||1324 km||822 miles||715 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.