Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 2:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 14:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.98 meters/second, 1511.9 km/hour, 939.5 miles/hour or 816.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.1"||939.15 mi||West||0° 01' 45.3"||2.01 mi||South||939.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 51.0"||757.14 mi||East||1° 08' 37.2"||78.67 mi||South||763.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Naha||Thu 11:52 PM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||N|
|Kaohsiung||Thu 10:52 PM||796 km||495 miles||430 nm||WNW|
|Taipei||Thu 10:52 PM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||NW|
|Taoyuan City||Thu 10:52 PM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||NW|
|Taichung||Thu 10:52 PM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||WNW|
|Quezon||Thu 10:52 PM||968 km||601 miles||523 nm||SW|
|Manila||Thu 10:52 PM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||SW|
|Foochow||Thu 10:52 PM||1048 km||651 miles||566 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Thu 10:52 PM||1076 km||669 miles||581 nm||WNW|
|Shantou||Thu 10:52 PM||1178 km||732 miles||636 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.