Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 3:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 15:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.05 meters/second, 1512.2 kilometres/hour, 939.6 miles/hour or 816.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.2"||939.30 mi||West||0° 01' 50.1"||2.10 mi||South||939.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 39.5"||757.06 mi||East||1° 10' 31.6"||80.86 mi||South||764.21 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kowloon||Thu 11:42 PM||234 km||146 miles||127 nm||NW|
|Hong Kong||Thu 11:42 PM||237 km||147 miles||128 nm||NW|
|Shenzhen||Thu 11:42 PM||265 km||165 miles||143 nm||NW|
|Macau||Thu 11:42 PM||276 km||171 miles||149 nm||NW|
|Shantou||Thu 11:42 PM||318 km||198 miles||172 nm||NNE|
|Guangzhou||Thu 11:42 PM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||NW|
|Foshan||Thu 11:42 PM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Thu 11:42 PM||490 km||305 miles||265 nm||NNE|
|Zhanjiang||Thu 11:42 PM||552 km||343 miles||298 nm||W|
|Haikou||Thu 11:42 PM||556 km||346 miles||300 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.