Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 3:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 15:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.06 meters/second, 1512.2 km/hour, 939.6 miles/hour or 816.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.4"||939.33 mi||West||0° 01' 51.0"||2.12 mi||South||939.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 37.3"||757.04 mi||East||1° 10' 54.4"||81.29 mi||South||764.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Macau||Thu 11:52 PM||175 km||109 miles||94 nm||N|
|Hong Kong||Thu 11:52 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||NNE|
|Kowloon||Thu 11:52 PM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||NNE|
|Shenzhen||Thu 11:52 PM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||NNE|
|Foshan||Thu 11:52 PM||263 km||163 miles||142 nm||N|
|Guangzhou||Thu 11:52 PM||274 km||170 miles||148 nm||N|
|Haikou||Thu 11:52 PM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||WSW|
|Shantou||Thu 11:52 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||NE|
|Nanning||Thu 11:52 PM||561 km||348 miles||303 nm||WNW|
|Guilin||Thu 11:52 PM||593 km||369 miles||320 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.