Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 15:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 15:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.06 meters/second, 1512.2 km/hour, 939.6 miles/hour or 816.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.66 mi||west||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||south||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.4"||939.33 mi||west||0° 01' 51.0"||2.12 mi||south||939.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 37.3"||757.04 mi||east||1° 10' 54.4"||81.29 mi||south||764.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Macau||Thu 11:52 PM||175 km||109 miles||94 nm||N|
|Hong Kong||Thu 11:52 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||NNE|
|Kowloon||Thu 11:52 PM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||NNE|
|Shenzhen||Thu 11:52 PM||245 km||152 miles||132 nm||NNE|
|Foshan||Thu 11:52 PM||263 km||163 miles||142 nm||N|
|Guangzhou||Thu 11:52 PM||274 km||170 miles||148 nm||N|
|Haikou||Thu 11:52 PM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||WSW|
|Shantou||Thu 11:52 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||NE|
|Nanning||Thu 11:52 PM||561 km||348 miles||303 nm||WNW|
|Guilin||Thu 11:52 PM||593 km||369 miles||320 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.