Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 4:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 16:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.07 meters/second, 1512.3 km/hour, 939.7 miles/hour or 816.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.4"||939.36 mi||West||0° 01' 52.1"||2.14 mi||South||939.46 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 34.8"||757.02 mi||East||1° 11' 17.2"||81.73 mi||South||764.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Haikou||Fri 12:02 AM||82 km||51 miles||44 nm||SW|
|Macau||Fri 12:02 AM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||ENE|
|Nanning||Fri 12:02 AM||352 km||218 miles||190 nm||NW|
|Foshan||Fri 12:02 AM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||NE|
|Guangzhou||Fri 12:02 AM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||NE|
|Hong Kong||Fri 12:02 AM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||ENE|
|Shenzhen||Fri 12:02 AM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||ENE|
|Kowloon||Fri 12:02 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||ENE|
|Hai Phong||Thu 11:02 PM||429 km||267 miles||232 nm||W|
|Guilin||Fri 12:02 AM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.