Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 4:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 16:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.10 meters/second, 1512.4 km/hour, 939.7 miles/hour or 816.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.5"||939.43 mi||West||0° 01' 54.0"||2.18 mi||South||939.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 30.0"||756.99 mi||East||1° 12' 02.7"||82.60 mi||South||764.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hanoi||Thu 11:22 PM||45 km||28 miles||25 nm||NNW|
|Hai Phong||Thu 11:22 PM||79 km||49 miles||43 nm||ENE|
|Xam Neua||Thu 11:22 PM||201 km||125 miles||108 nm||W|
|Nanning||Fri 12:22 AM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||NE|
|Luang Prabang||Thu 11:22 PM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||W|
|Vientiane||Thu 11:22 PM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||SW|
|Haikou||Fri 12:22 AM||462 km||287 miles||250 nm||E|
|Savannakhet||Thu 11:22 PM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||SSW|
|Udon Thani||Thu 11:22 PM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||SW|
|Huế||Thu 11:22 PM||493 km||306 miles||266 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.