Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 8:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 20:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.54 meters/second, 1513.9 km/hour, 940.7 miles/hour or 817.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.0"||940.41 mi||West||0° 02' 20.1"||2.68 mi||South||940.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 18.1"||756.46 mi||East||1° 22' 15.0"||94.29 mi||South||765.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Makkah||Thu 11:52 PM||140 km||87 miles||76 nm||NW|
|Jeddah||Thu 11:52 PM||197 km||123 miles||107 nm||NW|
|Khamis Mushait||Thu 11:52 PM||325 km||202 miles||176 nm||SE|
|Port Sudan||Thu 11:52 PM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||WSW|
|Medina||Thu 11:52 PM||455 km||282 miles||245 nm||NNW|
|Keren||Thu 11:52 PM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||SSW|
|Asmara||Thu 11:52 PM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||SSW|
|Mendefera||Thu 11:52 PM||649 km||403 miles||351 nm||SSW|
|Al Hudaydah||Thu 11:52 PM||674 km||419 miles||364 nm||SSE|
|Sana||Thu 11:52 PM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.