Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 9:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 21:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.63 meters/second, 1514.3 km/hour, 940.9 miles/hour or 817.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.2"||940.61 mi||West||0° 02' 25.0"||2.77 mi||South||940.74 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 03.3"||756.35 mi||East||1° 24' 07.4"||96.45 mi||South||765.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kharga Oasis||Thu 11:42 PM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||NNE|
|Aswan||Thu 11:42 PM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||NE|
|Khartoum||Fri 12:42 AM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||SE|
|Kufra||Thu 10:42 PM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||NW|
|Luxor||Thu 11:42 PM||715 km||445 miles||386 nm||NE|
|Fada||Thu 10:42 PM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||WSW|
|Al-Ubayyid||Fri 12:42 AM||823 km||511 miles||444 nm||SSE|
|Al-Fashir||Fri 12:42 AM||829 km||515 miles||447 nm||SSW|
|Port Sudan||Fri 12:42 AM||910 km||565 miles||491 nm||E|
|Kosti||Fri 12:42 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.