Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 10:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 22:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.70 meters/second, 1514.5 km/hour, 941.1 miles/hour or 817.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||940.78 mi||West||0° 02' 28.8"||2.84 mi||South||940.91 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 51.1"||756.26 mi||East||1° 25' 37.3"||98.16 mi||South||765.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bardaï||Thu 11:22 PM||219 km||136 miles||118 nm||WNW|
|Faya-Largeau||Thu 11:22 PM||277 km||172 miles||150 nm||S|
|Fada||Thu 11:22 PM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||SE|
|Kufra||Thu 11:22 PM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||NE|
|Abéché||Thu 11:22 PM||758 km||471 miles||409 nm||SSE|
|Moussoro||Thu 11:22 PM||792 km||492 miles||428 nm||SSW|
|Mongo||Thu 11:22 PM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||S|
|Ndjamena||Thu 11:22 PM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||SSW|
|Al-Fashir||Fri 1:22 AM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||SE|
|Kano||Thu 11:22 PM||1447 km||899 miles||781 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.