Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 10:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 22:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.72 meters/second, 1514.6 km/hour, 941.1 miles/hour or 817.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||South||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||940.83 mi||West||0° 02' 29.8"||2.86 mi||South||940.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 48.1"||756.24 mi||East||1° 25' 59.9"||98.59 mi||South||766.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bardaï||Thu 11:32 PM||117 km||72 miles||63 nm||NNE|
|Faya-Largeau||Thu 11:32 PM||390 km||243 miles||211 nm||SE|
|Fada||Thu 11:32 PM||647 km||402 miles||349 nm||ESE|
|Sabha||Thu 11:32 PM||762 km||474 miles||412 nm||NNW|
|Kufra||Thu 11:32 PM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||ENE|
|Abéché||Thu 11:32 PM||864 km||537 miles||466 nm||SSE|
|Ndjamena||Thu 11:32 PM||931 km||579 miles||503 nm||S|
|Arlit||Thu 11:32 PM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||W|
|Kano||Thu 11:32 PM||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||SW|
|Tripoli||Thu 11:32 PM||1421 km||883 miles||767 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.