Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 10:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 22:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.76 meters/second, 1514.7 km/hour, 941.2 miles/hour or 817.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||South||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.8"||940.91 mi||West||0° 02' 31.6"||2.90 mi||South||941.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 41.9"||756.20 mi||East||1° 26' 44.7"||99.45 mi||South||766.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Thu 11:52 PM||482 km||299 miles||260 nm||WSW|
|Agadez||Thu 11:52 PM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||SW|
|Tamanrasset||Thu 11:52 PM||686 km||426 miles||370 nm||WNW|
|Zinder||Thu 11:52 PM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||SSW|
|Sabha||Thu 11:52 PM||788 km||490 miles||426 nm||NNE|
|Faya-Largeau||Thu 11:52 PM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||ESE|
|Maradi||Thu 11:52 PM||904 km||561 miles||488 nm||SSW|
|Ndjamena||Thu 11:52 PM||988 km||614 miles||533 nm||SSE|
|Kano||Thu 11:52 PM||988 km||614 miles||533 nm||SSW|
|Niamey||Thu 11:52 PM||1268 km||788 miles||685 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.