Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 11:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 23:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.82 meters/second, 1515.0 km/hour, 941.3 miles/hour or 818.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||South||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.1"||941.04 mi||West||0° 02' 34.6"||2.95 mi||South||941.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 32.5"||756.13 mi||East||1° 27' 51.9"||100.73 mi||South||766.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tamanrasset||Fri 12:22 AM||292 km||181 miles||158 nm||NNE|
|Arlit||Fri 12:22 AM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||ESE|
|Agadez||Fri 12:22 AM||536 km||333 miles||289 nm||SE|
|Niamey||Fri 12:22 AM||797 km||495 miles||431 nm||SSW|
|Maradi||Fri 12:22 AM||815 km||507 miles||440 nm||SSE|
|Timbuktu||Thu 11:22 PM||875 km||544 miles||473 nm||WSW|
|Zinder||Fri 12:22 AM||877 km||545 miles||474 nm||SE|
|Kano||Fri 12:22 AM||1029 km||639 miles||556 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 11:22 PM||1088 km||676 miles||587 nm||SW|
|Abuja||Fri 12:22 AM||1296 km||805 miles||700 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.