Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 28, 2012 at 8:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 28, 2012 at 08:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.06 meters/second, 1519.4 km/hour, 944.1 miles/hour or 820.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||South||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.6"||943.82 mi||West||0° 03' 25.9"||3.94 mi||South||944.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 17.6"||754.76 mi||East||1° 47' 43.3"||123.49 mi||South||768.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Fri 12:22 AM||1669 km||1037 miles||901 nm||NNE|
|San Diego||Fri 12:22 AM||1679 km||1043 miles||907 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 12:22 AM||1752 km||1088 miles||946 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali||Fri 12:22 AM||1770 km||1100 miles||956 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 1:22 AM||1848 km||1148 miles||998 nm||NE|
|San Jose (USA)||Fri 12:22 AM||1974 km||1227 miles||1066 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco||Fri 12:22 AM||2012 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||N|
|Phoenix||Fri 1:22 AM||2052 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan||Fri 1:22 AM||2082 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||ENE|
|Las Vegas||Fri 12:22 AM||2096 km||1302 miles||1132 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.