Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.32 meters/second, 1520.4 km/hour, 944.7 miles/hour or 820.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||South||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.9"||944.41 mi||West||0° 03' 35.3"||4.12 mi||South||944.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 36.8"||754.48 mi||East||1° 51' 19.7"||127.62 mi||South||769.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Fri 12:02 AM||488 km||303 miles||264 nm||W|
|Wailuku||Fri 12:02 AM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Fri 12:02 AM||792 km||492 miles||427 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 12:02 AM||2126 km||1321 miles||1148 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 11:02 PM||2886 km||1793 miles||1558 nm||WNW|
|San Francisco||Fri 2:02 AM||3358 km||2086 miles||1813 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 2:02 AM||3541 km||2200 miles||1912 nm||ENE|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:02 PM||3576 km||2222 miles||1931 nm||SW|
|Las Vegas||Fri 2:02 AM||3880 km||2411 miles||2095 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:02 PM||3952 km||2456 miles||2134 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.