Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
|This phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.38 meters/second, 1520.6 km/hour, 944.8 miles/hour or 821.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 03.5"||0.07 mi||South||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.1"||944.54 mi||West||0° 03' 37.2"||4.15 mi||South||944.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 28.5"||754.42 mi||East||1° 52' 02.8"||128.45 mi||South||769.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Fri 12:22 AM||23 km||14 miles||12 nm||ESE|
|Kailua-Kona||Fri 12:22 AM||79 km||49 miles||43 nm||WSW|
|Wailuku||Fri 12:22 AM||176 km||109 miles||95 nm||NW|
|Napili-Honokowai||Fri 12:22 AM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||NW|
|Honolulu||Fri 12:22 AM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 12:22 AM||1999 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||S|
|Midway||Thu 11:22 PM||2429 km||1509 miles||1311 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:22 PM||3172 km||1971 miles||1713 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:22 PM||3670 km||2281 miles||1982 nm||SSW|
|San Francisco||Fri 2:22 AM||3744 km||2326 miles||2021 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.