Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 28, 2012 at 11:12:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 28, 2012 at 11:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.51 meters/second, 1521.1 km/hour, 945.1 miles/hour or 821.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.8"||944.85 mi||West||0° 03' 41.8"||4.24 mi||South||945.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 07.5"||754.28 mi||East||1° 53' 50.4"||130.50 mi||South||769.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 1:12 AM||1005 km||625 miles||543 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Fri 12:12 AM||1382 km||859 miles||746 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:12 AM||2261 km||1405 miles||1221 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:12 PM||2383 km||1481 miles||1287 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 11:12 PM||2704 km||1680 miles||1460 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Fri 11:12 PM||2726 km||1694 miles||1472 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Fri 11:12 PM||2949 km||1832 miles||1592 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:12 AM||3251 km||2020 miles||1755 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 11:12 PM||3458 km||2148 miles||1867 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Fri 11:12 PM||3595 km||2234 miles||1941 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.