Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, December 28, 2012 at 11:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 28, 2012 at 11:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.54 meters/second, 1521.2 km/hour, 945.2 miles/hour or 821.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.75 mi||west||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||south||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.8"||944.91 mi||west||0° 03' 42.8"||4.26 mi||south||945.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 03.1"||754.25 mi||east||1° 54' 11.9"||130.91 mi||south||769.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Fri 12:22 AM||1213 km||754 miles||655 nm||NW|
|Honolulu||Fri 1:22 AM||1255 km||780 miles||678 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:22 PM||2284 km||1419 miles||1233 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:22 AM||2399 km||1490 miles||1295 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Fri 11:22 PM||2473 km||1537 miles||1335 nm||W|
|Majuro||Fri 11:22 PM||2483 km||1543 miles||1341 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Fri 11:22 PM||2763 km||1717 miles||1492 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:22 AM||3226 km||2004 miles||1742 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 11:22 PM||3352 km||2083 miles||1810 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Fri 11:22 PM||3392 km||2108 miles||1832 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.