Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 28, 2012 at 11:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 28, 2012 at 11:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.57 meters/second, 1521.3 km/hour, 945.3 miles/hour or 821.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.0"||944.97 mi||West||0° 03' 43.7"||4.28 mi||South||945.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 58.9"||754.22 mi||East||1° 54' 33.4"||131.32 mi||South||769.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Fri 12:32 AM||1075 km||668 miles||580 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Fri 1:32 AM||1505 km||935 miles||813 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:32 PM||2213 km||1375 miles||1195 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Fri 11:32 PM||2220 km||1379 miles||1199 nm||W|
|Majuro||Fri 11:32 PM||2260 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:32 AM||2556 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Fri 11:32 PM||2591 km||1610 miles||1399 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Fri 11:32 PM||3199 km||1988 miles||1727 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:32 AM||3222 km||2002 miles||1740 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 11:32 PM||3266 km||2029 miles||1764 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.