Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 28, 2012 at 3:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 28, 2012 at 15:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.34 meters/second, 1524.0 km/hour, 947.0 miles/hour or 822.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.8"||946.69 mi||West||0° 04' 07.8"||4.74 mi||South||946.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 03.8"||753.45 mi||East||2° 03' 45.8"||141.87 mi||South||771.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Fri 11:52 PM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||NW|
|Tarlac City||Fri 11:52 PM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||SW|
|Mabalacat||Fri 11:52 PM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||SW|
|Angeles||Fri 11:52 PM||664 km||412 miles||358 nm||SW|
|Quezon||Fri 11:52 PM||668 km||415 miles||361 nm||SW|
|Taichung||Fri 11:52 PM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||NW|
|Manila||Fri 11:52 PM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||SW|
|Taipei||Fri 11:52 PM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||NNW|
|Taoyuan City||Fri 11:52 PM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||NNW|
|Xiamen||Fri 11:52 PM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.