Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 28, 2012 at 4:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 28, 2012 at 16:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.43 meters/second, 1524.3 km/hour, 947.2 miles/hour or 823.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||South||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.3"||946.90 mi||West||0° 04' 10.5"||4.79 mi||South||947.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 50.1"||753.36 mi||East||2° 04' 49.0"||143.07 mi||South||771.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Shantou||Sat 12:22 AM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||NNW|
|Kowloon||Sat 12:22 AM||477 km||297 miles||258 nm||NW|
|Hong Kong||Sat 12:22 AM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||NW|
|Kaohsiung||Sat 12:22 AM||495 km||307 miles||267 nm||NE|
|Shenzhen||Sat 12:22 AM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||NW|
|Macau||Sat 12:22 AM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||NW|
|Tarlac City||Sat 12:22 AM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||SE|
|Xiamen||Sat 12:22 AM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||N|
|Mabalacat||Sat 12:22 AM||562 km||349 miles||303 nm||SE|
|Angeles||Sat 12:22 AM||569 km||353 miles||307 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.