Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 28, 2012 at 4:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 28, 2012 at 16:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.46 meters/second, 1524.5 kilometres/hour, 947.3 miles/hour or 823.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||South||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.5"||946.97 mi||West||0° 04' 11.6"||4.81 mi||South||947.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 45.4"||753.33 mi||East||2° 05' 10.0"||143.48 mi||South||771.43 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hong Kong||Sat 12:32 AM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||NNW|
|Kowloon||Sat 12:32 AM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||NNW|
|Macau||Sat 12:32 AM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||NNW|
|Shenzhen||Sat 12:32 AM||366 km||228 miles||198 nm||NNW|
|Foshan||Sat 12:32 AM||455 km||282 miles||245 nm||NNW|
|Guangzhou||Sat 12:32 AM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||NNW|
|Shantou||Sat 12:32 AM||461 km||286 miles||249 nm||NNE|
|Haikou||Sat 12:32 AM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||W|
|Zhanjiang||Sat 12:32 AM||548 km||341 miles||296 nm||WNW|
|Xiamen||Sat 12:32 AM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.