Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 28, 2012 at 5:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 28, 2012 at 17:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.62 meters/second, 1525.0 km/hour, 947.6 miles/hour or 823.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||South||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.2"||947.32 mi||West||0° 04' 16.1"||4.89 mi||South||947.54 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 22.3"||753.17 mi||East||2° 06' 54.7"||145.47 mi||South||771.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luang Prabang||Sat 12:22 AM||120 km||74 miles||65 nm||WNW|
|Xam Neua||Sat 12:22 AM||150 km||94 miles||81 nm||NE|
|Vientiane||Sat 12:22 AM||165 km||102 miles||89 nm||SSW|
|Wanon Niwat||Sat 12:22 AM||202 km||126 miles||109 nm||SSE|
|Udon Thani||Sat 12:22 AM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||S|
|Khon Kaen||Sat 12:22 AM||326 km||203 miles||176 nm||S|
|Hanoi||Sat 12:22 AM||339 km||210 miles||183 nm||ENE|
|Savannakhet||Sat 12:22 AM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||SSE|
|Hai Phong||Sat 12:22 AM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||ENE|
|Chiang Mai||Sat 12:22 AM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.