Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 28, 2012 at 9:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 28, 2012 at 21:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.40 meters/second, 1527.8 km/hour, 949.4 miles/hour or 825.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.2"||949.08 mi||West||0° 04' 37.8"||5.31 mi||South||949.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 27.5"||752.43 mi||East||2° 15' 11.5"||154.96 mi||South||773.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Khamis Mushait||Sat 12:22 AM||260 km||162 miles||140 nm||WSW|
|Sana||Sat 12:22 AM||421 km||262 miles||227 nm||SSW|
|Al Hudaydah||Sat 12:22 AM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||SSW|
|Makkah||Sat 12:22 AM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||WNW|
|Ta'izz||Sat 12:22 AM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||S|
|Riyadh||Sat 12:22 AM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||NNE|
|Al Mukalla||Sat 12:22 AM||662 km||412 miles||358 nm||SE|
|Jeddah||Sat 12:22 AM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||WNW|
|Aden||Sat 12:22 AM||695 km||432 miles||375 nm||S|
|Assab||Sat 12:22 AM||716 km||445 miles||386 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.