Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:12:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 28, 2012 at 22:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.57 meters/second, 1528.5 km/hour, 949.7 miles/hour or 825.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.1"||949.47 mi||West||0° 04' 42.3"||5.40 mi||South||949.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 02.8"||752.28 mi||East||2° 16' 53.8"||156.91 mi||South||773.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Khartoum||Sat 1:12 AM||379 km||236 miles||205 nm||S|
|Port Sudan||Sat 1:12 AM||451 km||280 miles||244 nm||E|
|Kassala||Sat 1:12 AM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||SE|
|Aswan||Sat 12:12 AM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||N|
|Teseney||Sat 1:12 AM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||SE|
|Kosti||Sat 1:12 AM||647 km||402 miles||350 nm||S|
|Keren||Sat 1:12 AM||683 km||425 miles||369 nm||ESE|
|Jeddah||Sat 1:12 AM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||ENE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Sat 1:12 AM||708 km||440 miles||383 nm||SSW|
|Asmara||Sat 1:12 AM||754 km||468 miles||407 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.