Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 28, 2012 at 22:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.61 meters/second, 1528.6 kilometres/hour, 949.8 miles/hour or 825.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.4"||949.54 mi||West||0° 04' 43.2"||5.41 mi||South||949.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 57.9"||752.25 mi||East||2° 17' 14.3"||157.30 mi||South||773.35 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Khartoum||Sat 1:22 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||SSE|
|Aswan||Sat 12:22 AM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||NNE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Sat 1:22 AM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||S|
|Port Sudan||Sat 1:22 AM||704 km||437 miles||380 nm||E|
|Kassala||Sat 1:22 AM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||ESE|
|Teseney||Sat 1:22 AM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||ESE|
|Keren||Sat 1:22 AM||912 km||567 miles||492 nm||ESE|
|Jeddah||Sat 1:22 AM||944 km||586 miles||510 nm||ENE|
|Kufra||Fri 11:22 PM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||NW|
|Asmara||Sat 1:22 AM||979 km||609 miles||529 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.