Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 28, 2012 at 22:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.64 meters/second, 1528.7 km/hour, 949.9 miles/hour or 825.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.5"||949.62 mi||West||0° 04' 44.1"||5.43 mi||South||949.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 53.0"||752.21 mi||East||2° 17' 34.6"||157.69 mi||South||773.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Khartoum||Sat 1:32 AM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||SE|
|Al-Fashir||Sat 1:32 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||SSW|
|Al-Ubayyid||Sat 1:32 AM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||SSE|
|Fada||Fri 11:32 PM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||WSW|
|Kharga Oasis||Sat 12:32 AM||757 km||470 miles||409 nm||NNE|
|Kosti||Sat 1:32 AM||806 km||501 miles||435 nm||SE|
|Luxor||Sat 12:32 AM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||NNE|
|Port Sudan||Sat 1:32 AM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||E|
|Faya-Largeau||Fri 11:32 PM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||W|
|Kassala||Sat 1:32 AM||962 km||598 miles||520 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.